To help members achieve their financial goals by building relationships for mutual benefit.
- Community First is a member owned provider of financial services in the greater Sydney market
- We are devoted to 'people helping people' to achieve their financial goals
- We continue to challenge stereotypes to remain relevant to members and market needs
- We will help create better and more sustainable communities where we operate
- Our people deliver service standards superior than our competitors and 'a customer experience' that promotes why we are different
- We make profits to reinvest in more services, member and community benefits and fair fees
- We expect to grow as a viable community banking alternative
- We manage our business for the long term and intend to stay a mutual into perpetuity.
Convenient ways to bank
At Community First, we provide you with choice and convenience, so whether you need to speak to some one face to face or want to do your banking on the go via your mobile phone, you can rely on us to provide you with a range of convenient ways to bank so you can get on with doing the things that really matter. For example:
- We provide our members with direct charge free ATMs via our Community First branded ATMs and our members can access cash from over 10,000 ATMs provided by the big banks across Australia, direct charge free
- We have fifteen financial services stores branching across both Sydney, the Central Coast and the Northern Beaches
- We provide you convenient ways to bank such as mobile banking, Internet banking and phone banking so you can do your banking 24/7 at a time and place that suits you
- We have a dedicated call centre who can assist you from 8am to 8pm weekdays, and 9am to 3pm on Saturdays. We also have a team of Mobile Managers who can visit you at a time and place that suits you.
Safe & secure
Community First is a financially sound and well managed financial institution that has been in operation since 1959.
Community First Credit Union is an “Authorised Deposit Taking Institution” regulated under the Banking Act 1959, by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) and the Corporations Act 2001, by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC). Credit Unions hold Australian Financial Services Licences administered by ASIC, and are regulated under the Corporations Act, meeting all relevant Australian company law requirements and obligations. Community First carries capital relative to our risk-weighted assets that is well above the current level of banks.