We're here for you during these uncertain times.
For over 60 years Community First has kept our members’ money safe and secure and our people safe from harm. This will never change and together, we will navigate the challenges of the Coronavirus outbreak for as long as it takes.
Your health and wellbeing
The health and safety of our members and staff is our top priority. We are maintaining strict levels of hygiene across our Financial Services Stores and back office locations including social distancing, use of hand sanitisers for members and staff, and encouraging the use of gloves when handling money.
Your money is safe with Community First
Community First is regulated under the Banking Act and offers the same protections as the big banks – each member is guaranteed up to $250,000 under the government’s Financial Claims Scheme.
As our business model is based on savings and loans to and from members, credit unions are a ‘safe harbour’ during uncertain times. In fact, if we paid out all our deposit accounts and every member repaid their loans, Community First would still have more than $90 million in excess funds. So rest assured, your money is safe and you can focus on keeping your family and friends safe.
Options to manage your money remotely
Our Financial Services Stores remain open, however in a rapidly changing situation we are ready to respond to any government directives that may apply.
The important thing to remember, is that as a Community First member, you enjoy a variety of options to manage your money without the need to visit a store. Our Australian based contact centre remains open and ready to assist you.
- Community First Visa debit card – if you don’t already have a Visa debit card, now is the time to order one. With your Visa debit card you can make purchases, shop online and access cash from over 10,000ATMs Australia wide without incurring an additional fee from the ATM owner.
- Internet banking: Bank securely by making transfers, pay bills, update your details, check transactions and statements from home, work – anywhere you have internet access.
- Our mobile banking app: Available on both Apple and Android devices, our Community First mobile banking app lets you bank securely wherever you are. You can even change your PIN on your Visa card if you’ve forgotten your current one. You can access our mobile app if you are a registered internet banking user.
- Telephone Banking: Our automated phone banking service lets you check balances and make transfers without having to speak to someone.
- Give us a call – you can call us on 1300 13 22 77 to speak to one of our friendly staff about your accounts. Alternatively, send an email to email@example.com
A further way to minimise contact when making purchases is to use Visa payWave, get a free wristband or utilise mobile payments such as Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay. You can register your Visa card in the mobile wallet settings of your compatible smart phone. These payment options don’t require you to touch the payment terminal as you can simply tap and go.
Support if you experience difficulties
Our members are a valued part of our community, and we are here to support you during this uncertain time. If you fall ill, or experience financial difficulties, we encourage you to get in touch with us so we can work through your options together.
How to contact us
If you require further information, wish to order a Visa debit card, register for Internet Banking or Telephone Banking, simply contact us on 1300 13 22 77.
Staying connected with your community
In this time of social distancing, community is important, and we invite you to stay connected with us through our channels mentioned above. You can also stay in touch with the latest news and messages or ask us a general question via our website or Facebook page.
Like you, we look forward to a return to normal. Take care, and stay in touch – we’re here to help.