We’ve teamed up with Peoplecare, a not-for-profit, member owned health fund. Why? Because just like us, they were created for one reason only – to benefit their members.
The folks at Peoplecare genuinely love people. And that means giving you more of the things you love and less of the things you don’t.
So we think it’s important for you to understand the benefits of private health insurance so you stay covered when you need it most.
It's no secret we think that having private health cover with peoplecare is worth it, but do you?
Here's why we think it is:
Let’s face it: healthcare is expensive, and falling ill or having an accident usually hits you when you least expect it. Going to hospital is stressful enough without having to worry about how much it’s going to cost you.
That’s why we think having private health cover with Peoplecare is worth it – knowing you’re covered when you really need it.
To give you an idea of what things really cost:
• A double hip replacement – around $70,000
• An intensive care stay – $2,500 a day
• Heart defibrillation (including theatre fees and accommodation) – around $65,000
• Knee reconstruction (not including post-op physio) – $5,000+
But it's not just the cost. Having private health cover means:
• You have access to the best medical facilities and treatments available
• You can also choose the doctor you’re most comfortable with and,
• You won’t spend months (or more) on the public waiting list if you do have to go to hospital.
And what about extras? Knowing you’ll get a benefit back when you visit the dentist might be just the nudge you need to keep going back for those annual check-ups.
If you want to make sure you’re getting the most out of your health cover, check out our Peoplecare tips.
Last updated: 15 May 2017
The information contained in this article is only correct at the point of time of publication. It is general information and has been prepared without taking into account your personal circumstances, objectives or needs. Please consider if this information is right for you before making a decision to acquire any product.