|Home and contents insurance|
|Home and contents insurance covers your most valuable asset|
|Community First can arrange your home, contents or home and contents insurance through CGU Insurance, one of Australia's leading general insurers. |
|Home insurance covers damage to your home building up to its current replacement value (subject to the sum insured) with an automatic CPI adjustment to make sure your rebuilding costs are fully covered as your home increases in value. |
|You can also protect your home contents against damage or loss. We recommend you regularly reassess your building sum insured so that you are covered for changes in value to your property after extensions or additions.|
|Benefits for Community First Members|
|Organising your home and/or contents insurance through Community First gives you special benefits and features designed for Members which you may not find in other policies:|
- A 5% discount on your first year's premium when you take out cover on both your home and contents.
- Pay-by-the-month premiums at no extra charge
- Premiums deducted directly from your account so you won't forget to be covered
- Automatic renewal for direct debit takes the worry out of insurance protection
- Temporary Accommodation - The policy covers up to 12 months temporary accommodation if your home is damaged to such an extent that you cannot live in it
- New for Old - Under the building and contents policy, you can obtain new for old replacement on all items, regardless of age (conditions apply)
- A CGU Privilege Card to give you access to Australia's longest running lifestyle benefits program
- A 10% discount off your first year's car insurance premium when you have an existing home and contents policy.
|Choice of 3 levels of cover|
|When you obtain a quote, you have the option of taking out 3 different levels of cover. First Choice Home Insurance covers you for either listed events or accidental damage, and Fundamentals Home Insurance provides competitive cover for those who are budget conscious.|
|View and print a Product Disclosure Statement|
|Due to the introduction of flood cover in our Home Product Disclosure Statement(s) (PDS), for policies commencing from 1 February 2012, our PDS has been updated to include this new policy benefit. When obtaining the relevant PDS for your policy, check the commencement date of your policy.|
|View the First Choice Home Insurance PDS>|
|View the Fundamentals Home Insurance PDS >|
|Please note that Members who hold a policy with a commencement date prior to 31 January 2012 can obtain a copy of their PDS by contacting us.|
|Home Building Calculator|
|When completing your quote, you will be required to provide an estimate of the rebuilding cost of your home. We recommend you visit our home building calculator to help calculate this before you start.|
Alternatively, you can download our 'Are you under-insured?' brochure which will guide you through the steps to calculate the rebuilding cost of your home and the replacement cost of your contents.
|These insurance products are provided by CGU Insurance Limited ABN 27 004 478 371. In arranging this insurance Community First Credit Union acts as an intermediary for the insurer of the particular insured product, not as your agent.|
A Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for each product is available at our offices. We will give you a PDS on application, which you should read and consider in deciding whether to use any product.
This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs ("your personal circumstances"). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase this insurance policy, you should consider the appropriateness of it having regard to your personal circumstances, plus obtain and consider the current Product Disclosure Statement for the particular insurance policy.